Thursday, September 15, 2016

Food Here That I love

Hey Hey Hey! 

Welcome! Glad to have the privilege for you to read my post!


Hope you are enjoying your day as I do!


Dear readers,


You might or might not know, that 16 of September is Malaysia Day (which is tomorrow)! It is the day which held to commemorate the establishment of the Malaysian federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining together of Malaya, North Borneo and Sarawak to be Malaysia.


Well, I am not going to explain the history of Malaysia, but I am going to tell you my personal experience as a Malaysian citizen. 


*Just to clarify that what I am going to tell you, are solely based on my experiences and what I remember.*


First and foremost, the different races that live harmony together in a country. The three most populated races are the Malays, Chinese and Indians.


I am a Malaysian Chinese, but my friends are not only Chinese people. They are also Malay and Indian people.


We share different cultures together in this very land. By sharing, I am talking about festivals, food, languages, and many more others.


Today I am going to start with food ( like who does not love food?), because there are different culture here, therefore, there are different type of food coming from different races.

Roti Canai,  is my current love in Malaysian cuisine. Cheap (cost only RM 1) and delicious comes with curry, dhall and sambal. It is a perfect meal, but I would call it snack as one is never enough to fill my stomach. 

Roti Canai best paired up with Teh Tarik, Teh means tea while Tarik means pull in Bahasa Malaysia. Teh tarik is basically a black tea mixed with condensed milk and then literally pulled by pouring from one cup to another cup back and forth to create the smooth texture of the delightful tea.

Besides Roti Canai, Nasi Lemak also is one of the spicy yet tempting for the locals. It comes with rice, sambal, slices of cucumber, fried anchovies and peanuts. It only cost RM 2.50 and it is easy to grab in the morning for breakfast! Nasi lemak is mouthwatering by just looking at it! Trust me, I tried taking Nasi Lemak everyday for a week and did not get bored of it!

Char Kuey Teow too, is one of the food I would recommend you to try. If you have tried Roti Canai and Nasi Lemak, taking Char Kuey Teow is a mission complete kind of thing as you took the three dish originated from the three main races in Malaysia.

Personally I like consuming my Char Kuey Teow dry instead of wet. Dry as it it is not watery vice versa. Char Kuey Teow is a savory dish that also served well with sambal. You are unable to see the sambal as the cook would fry it together with the dish itself. Char Kuey Teow usually cost around RM 5.50 to RM 7 depending the area of the town.

Well, this is just tip of the ice berg. Malaysia is like the heaven of food! 

Nasi Dagang, Chapati, Pan Mee, Ayam Penyit, Tosai, Chee Cheong Fun and many more!

What are you waiting for if you are genuine food lover?

Drop by Malaysia one day, and feel what I feel is to be like staying in Malaysia!

Food everywhere!

Hope you get hold of local cuisine in Malaysia and how tasteful it is!
Share your experience with me about food in Malaysia! What is the food that you love most here?

Enjoy your meals!

Cheers,
Synonym96














No comments:

Post a Comment